A. By default, all DCs register their service records with a priority of 0 (the highest) and a weight of 100. If you want a certain DC to service fewer client requests than others, you can lower its weight. For example, if you lower the DC’s weight to 50, it should receive only half the number of referrals that other DCs with a weight of 100 will receive.
To lower the priority, perform the following steps on the DCs that you want have a lower weight.
1. Start a registry editor (e.g., regedit.exe), and access the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters subkey.
2. From the Edit menu, select New, DWORD value. Enter a name of LdapSrvWeight. Press Enter.
3. Double-click the value, set it to a decimal value (e.g., 50), and click OK.
4. Exit the registry editor.
5. Start Netlogon to register the new DNS weights (e.g., Net Stop Netlogon, Net Start Netlogon).