A. Its possible to limit IIS web sites (on a per site basis) usage of both bandwidth and processor. This is useful if a server hosts many sites and you want to ensure no one site can use up all the resources. Processor throttling is only available in IIS 5.0.
To enable perform the following:
- Start the Internet Services Manager (Start - Programs - Administrative Tools - Internet Services Manager)
- Right click on the web site and select Properties
- Select the 'Performance' tab
- Check the 'Enable bandwidth throttling' and enter the maximum amount of bandwidth the web site may use
- Check the 'Enable process throttling' and enter a percentage maximum of
processor time the CPU may use. If you do not check 'Enforce limits' only an
event log is written when the site uses over the specified amount and you
may want to check why its using so much CPU. Checking the 'Enforce limit'
box will actually stop the site using more than the specified percentage.
Click here to view image
- Click Apply
- Click OK