A. Whenever you create a cluster, you typically configure an external shared disk. However, to experiment with the clustering functionality, you can alternatively install a local quorum disk by performing the following steps:
- From the Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- In the left pane of the Add/Remove Programs window, click Add/Remove Windows Components.
- Select Cluster Service and click Next to finish the setup.
- From \%systemroot%\cluster, run
cluscfg -localquorumto start the Cluster Service Configuration Wizard.
- Follow the wizard's directions to configure the local quorum disk.
After you configure the disk, you can proceed with the rest of the cluster configuration process as usual.