A. By default, the print spooler runs at the same priority as other services. However, if you have a system that you use primarily for printing, you can increase the print spooler's priority by performing the following steps:
- Start a registry editor (e.g., regedit.exe).
- Navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print registry subkey.
- From the Edit menu, select New, DWORD Value.
- Enter the name SpoolerPriority, then press Enter.
- Double-click the new value, then set it to 1 (0 is the default value).
- Click OK.
- Reboot the machine for the change to take effect.