A. By default, you will receive no notification of missed scheduled tasks. To enable notification, perform the following steps:
- Open Scheduled Tasks (go to Start, Settings, Control Panel, Scheduled Tasks).
- Select Notify Me of Missed Tasks.
You can modify the registry to configure notification by performing the following steps:
- Start a registry editor (e.g., regedit.exe)
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SchedulingAgent.
- Double-click NotifyOnTaskMiss (if this value doesn't exist, create a new type DWORD value) and set this value to 1 to enable or 0 to disable.
- Close the registry editor.
The next time a task is missed, Windows will display a popup menu with an option to run the missed task.