A. You can disable user access to XP's System Restore application (located at Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore) by performing the following steps:
- Start the registry editor (e.g., regedit.exe).
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT.
- From the Edit menu, select New – Key.
- Enter a name of SystemRestore, and press Enter.
- Move to the new key, and select New - DWORD value from the Edit menu.
- Enter a name of DisableConfig, and press Enter.
- Double-click the new value, set the value to 1, and click OK.
- Close the registry editor.
- Log off and log on for the change to take effect.