A. To disable XP's balloon tips, perform the following steps:
- Start the registry editor (e.g., regedit.exe).
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ExplorerAdvanced.
- From the Edit menu, select New - String value.
- Enter a name of EnableBalloonTips, and press Enter.
- Double-click the new value, set it to 0, and click OK.
- Close the registry editor.
You can also disable balloon tips by using TweakUI (go to the Taskbar and select Uncheck Enable balloon tips), which is part of Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP. You can download the XP PowerToys from Microsoft's Web site.