A. Personalized menus (or IntelliMenus as they are also known) are a new addition to Windows 2000 which only display the most commonly used shortcuts on your Programs and Favorites Start menu. If you find this annoying and not required it can be disabled by performing the following:
- Click the Start button
- Select Settings and select 'TaskBar & Start Menu'
- Select the General tab
- Unselect 'Use Personalized Menus'
Click here to view image
- Click Apply and then OK
This can also be done by directly editing the registry:
- Start the registry editor (regedit.exe)
- Move to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
- Double click IntelliMenus (or create of type String if it does not exist)
- Set to Yes to enable personalized menus or No to disable
- Click OK
- Close the registry editor