A. When a user logs onto a 2000 machine for the first time the Configure Server Wizard may start however it is possible to disable this by deselecting the 'Show this screen at startup' box however you may want for this dialog to NEVER be shown.
To disable for an existing installation for any new users perform the following:
- Start the registry editor (regedit.exe)
- Move to HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Setup\Welcome
- Double click srvwiz and set to 0. Click OK
- Close the registry editor
If you want to disable at installation time perform the following:
- Copy the contents of the installation folder (I386) to a share
- On the distribution share, locate the Hivedef.inf file
- Search for srvwiz. Edit the line
change the end value 1 to 0.
- Save the file
Any installations installed from this distribution point will not display the configure server wizard.