A. If you are about to change hardware, you may want to create a copy of your current hardware config before starting which will enable you to revert to your old configuration:
- From Control Panel start the System Control Panel Applet (Start - Settings - Control Panel), or right click on "My Computer" and select properties
- Click on the "Hardware Profiles" tab
- Select the current Hardware Profile "Original Configuration (Current)"
- Click Copy and then type in the new name in the dialog box that is shown.
- Click OK and the startup options will be set.