A. Windows 2000 Server Terminal Services usually uses a license server in the local domain; however, you might want to have a central license server for audit purposes or use a server in another domain. Perform the following steps to designate the license server you want a Terminal Services server to use:
- Start regedit.exe.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\ServicesTermService\Parameters.
- From the Edit menu, select New, String value.
- Enter a name of DefaultLicenseServer, and press Enter.
- Double-click the new value and set it to the name of the license server you want to use.
- Click OK.
- Close regedit.exe.
- For the change to take effect, use the following commands to stop and restart the license logging service:
C:\> net stop "license logging service"<br> C:\> net start "license logging service"<br><br>
If the preferred license server isn't available, a Terminal Services server uses the next available license server in the domain.