A. Notepad lets you configure document-specific settings (e.g., margins, page orientation, header and footer), which you access by selecting the Page Setup option from the File menu. However, Notepad reverts to using default Page Setup settings every time you restart the program. To configure Notepad to remember your Page Setup settings, perform the following steps:
- Start a registry editor (e.g., regedit.exe).
- Navigate to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Notepad registry subkey.
- From the Edit menu, select New, DWORD Value.
- Enter the name fSavePageSettings, then press Enter.
- Double-click the new value, set it to 1, then click OK.
- Log off and log on for the change to take effect.