A. The procedure below is used to change the shortcut for Explorer in the start menu, however you could just as easily create a new shortcut on the desktop and then edit the properties of it and change the target.
- Start Explorer ( Start - Programs - Windows NT Explorer, or Win key + E)
- Move to %SystemRoot%/profiles/<your username>/Start Menu/Programs, e.g. d:/winnt/profiles/savillj/Start Menu/Programs
- Right click on Windows NT Explorer and select Properties, or select Properties from the File menu
- The target will be %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe, change this
to %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e, <drive letter>:\ ,e.g
%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e, e:\ would make explorer start at
the E: drive (make sure you type to commas), you can also use /root,
which forces the right hand pane to only show E: (not nice!), e.g. %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe
/e, /root, e:\ .
Also note that instead of just a drive letter, you can also specify a directory, e.g. %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e, e:\winnt\system32
- Click OK and exit Explorer