A. The Run history is stored in the registry in location HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RunMRU as a series of values a-z. To delete an entry from the run menu perform the following:
- Start the registry editor (regedit.exe)
- Move to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RunMRU
- Select the entry you wish to remove, e.g. h
- Press the Del key (or select Edit - Delete) and click Yes to the confirmation
- Double click the MRUList value and remove the letter you just deleted. Click OK to save the change
- Close the registry editor
If you want to clear the whole Run list you can use the TweakUI utility
- Start the TweakUI control panel applet (Start - Settings - Control Panel - TweakUI)
- Click the Paranoia tab :-)
- Check the "Clear Run history at logon"
- Click the "Clear Selected Items Now"
- You can then either clear the check on "Clear Run history at logon" and click OK or leave it checked to automatically clear the Run at logon