A. By default the printers panel has a link to Microsoft support but you may wish to change this to something more local:
- Start the Active Directory Users and Computers MMC snap-in (Start - Programs - Administrative Tools - Active Directory Users and Computers)
- Right click on the domain and select Properties
- Select the Group Policy tab
- Select the 'Default Domain Policy' object and click Edit
- Expand Computer Configuration - Administrative Templates - Printers
- Double click 'Custom support URL in the Printers folder's left pane'
- Select Enable, and set the URL Title and URL, click Apply then OK
Click here to view image
- Close the Group Policy and the MMC snap-in
The Printers panel will now show your link.
This can also be set by directly editing the registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Printers
- SupportLink - The URL link, e.g. http://www.savilltech.com
- SupportLinkName - The link title