A. Screensavers are just programs with a .scr extension. To create a shortcut of a screensaver perform the following:
- Start Explorer (Win+E, or Start - Programs - NT Explorer)
- Move to the %systemroot%\system32 directory (e.g. d:\winnt\system32)
- Find the .scr file of the screen saver (you could perform a search, Tools - Find - Folders of Files, enter a name of *.scr and unselect "Include subfolders", click Find Now)
- Right click on one of them, drag it to the desktop, release the right mouse button and select "Create shortcut here"
- Next right click on the new shortcut and select properties
- In the target box add to the end "-s", e.g.
- Click OK
This screensaver would not be password protected.