A. If your computer isn't detecting legacy devices (e.g., some early Zip drives) connected through the parallel port, you might want to enable PnP support for parallel ports. To enable PnP support, perform the following:
- Start the System Control Panel applet (go to Start, Settings, Control Panel, then click System in Win2K or go to Start, Control Panel, then click System in XP).
- Select the Hardware tab.
- Click Device Manager.
- Expand the Ports (COM & LPT) section.
- Right-click the parallel port and select Properties.
- Select the Port Settings tab.
- Select the "Enable legacy Plug and Play detection" check box, and click OK. Click here to view image
- Restart the computer if prompted.