Got questions about Nano Server? Your not alone. Each week, John Savill fields your questions about all things Windows Server, Azure, and beyond, and he’s answered a number of questions regarding Microsoft’s Nano Server, including what it is and why Microsoft launched Nano Server in the first place.
- Let’s start with the basics. What is Nano Server? John explains the new installation option available in Windows Server vNext.
- Now that you know what it is, the next question is probably how to install Nano Server. Here’s an easy walkthrough for deploying Nano Server, including a handy PowerShell script you can use.
- Getting DISM errors while trying to create a Nano Server? Here’s how to handle them and what to look for.
- Can you add features post Nano server creation? Technically yes, but there are some important caveats.
- Adding elements to an XML file with PowerShell is a useful trick, particularly with Nano Server.
- It is tiny, but Nano Server has core components
- Looking to use SYSPREP with Nano Server? You’re out of luck, but there’s a workaround.
- Need to change your Nano Server’s timezone? There’s an answer for that, and even tips on automating the process.