PowerPoint uses colors for fonts, fills, lines, gradients, patterns, backgrounds and more. In most situations, you will see a color palette that looks similar to the one shown below.
To select a specific color, select a color from the second row of colors. If the color you desire does not appear in the second row, or if there is no second row, choose More Colors.
On the Standard tab, you can select from a variety of preset colors and shades of grey.
- Select a color on the Standard tab that is as close as possible to your desired color.
- Click the Custom tab and refine your color to meet your specific needs.
On the Custom tab, you can:
- Select a color by clicking in the color block, then modify the shade using the shading bar.
- Choose a color model (RGB or HSL).
- Enter specific levels for red, green and blue; or hue, saturation and luminance.