To control the spacing between the bullet or number and the text, you can use the ruler.
If the ruler is not visible:
- Choose View → Ruler to turn the ruler on and off.
In the ruler, a pair of markers represent each level of text.
- The top marker represents the position of the bullet or number. It is the left margin of the bullet or number.
- The bottom pointed marker represents the alignment of all text in that level. It is the hanging indent of the text.
To change the spacing between a bullet or number and the text, drag markers on the ruler:
- Drag the pointed markers away from each other to increase the space between the bullet or number and the text
- Drag the pointed markers towards each other to decrease the hanging indent.
- Drag the box beneath the bottom marker to change the indent of the entire bullet. Both the top and bottom markers will move, maintaining the hanging indent.