- Select a shape on the Drawing toolbar. If you will be adding several shapes, consider "tearing off" the shapes menu by dragging its handle (the dotted line at the beginning of the menu) away from the menu heading.When creating a free-form diagram, you will find the shapes in the AutoShapes menu, and the Flowchart shapes palette in particular, to be useful.
- A square or rectangle indicates a step in the process. To draw a square using the rectangle shape, hold down the Shift key while dragging.
- A diamond shape indicates a decision that must be made.
- A square or rectangle indicates a step in the process.
- Drag the to draw the shape.