Tuesday, February 28th at Noon ET
2016 was another record year for IT security threats, with election hacking, massive data breaches, ransomware, and new vulnerabilities such as with the Internet-of-Things making big news. 2017 promises to ramp up these threats to epic levels, potentially costing unprepared businesses billions of dollars in lost productivity and direct financial losses.
A common thread through last year’s disastrous events has been the failure of organizations to even detect security compromises, let alone prevent them. Enterprise security monitoring is a known art, with hundreds of solutions in the marketplace, but IT technologists have a hard time knowing where to start. In this webcast IT security experts Mel Beckman and Robin Tatam will update you on the latest threats and give you a practical strategy for improving your security monitoring stance in the coming year.
Attend this session to learn:
- Why ransomware continues to increase, and ways to prevent it
- Telltale signs of insider attacks and how to uncover them
- Ways to sense and block the most common user-induced security breaches
- Quick and inexpensive ways to start leveraging security monitoring processes
- Ways to participate in Threat Intelligence Sharing
- Integrating critical IBM i security event information into a monitoring infrastructure
- How to leverage unique IBM i intrusion protections to secure key information assets
Armed with this knowledge, you’ll be well positioned to plan and execute effective security enhancements to protect your organization in 2017.
If you have already registered, click here to access
Mel Beckman has been writing technology features and product reviews for more than 20 years, with a focus on IT, data centers, networking, and communications. Mel has presented hundreds of seminars on computing technology throughout the United States, Europe, and Asia.
Robin Tatam is Director of Security Technologies for HelpSystems and a COMMON subject matter expert (SME) for security. As an award-winning speaker on security topics, Robin has been interviewed and quoted by industry magazines and has published numerous trade articles. Robin’s extensive Power Server experience has resulted in more than 20 IBM certifications and the highly sought after designation of ISACA-certified Information Security Manager (CISM) and PCI-Professional (PCI-P). He is also co-author of IBM’s Redbook publication on IBM i Data Encryption.