The iDeaUSA Gaming Headphone could be considered either retro or modern hipster – depending on who you ask – but these extraordinarily comfortable gaming headphones have been a hit with my gaming teenagers.
The style gives them an almost “steampunk” vibe (which is cool I’m told) and but the quality manufacturing and high function make these a must-have set of gaming accessories. The tuck-away microphone is a nice touch, allowing gamers to go instantly from special effects and music listening devices to a verbal smack down platform.
My youngest son tested this set for Steam gaming and loved the rich sound, strong bass, and clear microphone quality. He was a little unimpressed by noise cancellation, but being able to wear these comfortably for hours upon hours without ear fatigue was a huge plus.
My oldest daughter tested these out as a Skype headset, to complete a college assignment to host a few native language Spanish discussions with people abroad. The clarity of the microphone and ear speakers worked great.
You can snag these headphones from Amazon for $70: iDeaUSA Gaming Headphones 7.1 Surround Sound Headphones
- Product Model: Gaming Headset
- Drivers: 2 x 50mm Neodymium Magnets
- Sensitivity @ 1kHz: 116 dB± 3 dB
- Impedance: 32 Ω
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz ~ 20 kHz
- Size: 4mm
- Sensitivity: -42 dB± 2 dB
- Signal-to-Noise: 50 dB
- Pick-up Pattern: Omnidirectional
- 4D Vibration Response: 30mm
- USB Cable: USB 2.0
- Cable Length: 7.9ft
- Ear Coupling: Over-Ear Circumaural
- Fully compatible with Windows PC / Laptops.
- Non-Windows devices (including PS4 / Mac) work with limited functionality.