A. A corrupt temporary file can often cause the disk cleanup utility to hang. To resolve this problem, try deleting all temporary files on your computer by performing the following steps:
- Close all running applications.
- From the Start menu, click Run and type
%temp%to open the Temp folder on your computer.
- Type Ctrl+A or from the Edit menu click Select All to select all the files, press Delete, then click Yes to the confirmation.
- Close Windows Explorer.
- Open the Control Panel Internet Options applet.
- Select the General tab, then click Delete Files.
- Select the "Delete all offline content" check box, then click OK.
You should now be able to run the Disk Cleanup tool.