Amid the gaggle of security patches rolling out today, one of which is critical for all supported versions of Internet Explorer, all Microsoft Surface customers will be receiving firmware and driver updates throughout the day. The Surface 2 will not get an update this month, but the Surface 2 with 4G LTE will.
Here's what's fixed in the today's updates:
- Surface Home Button Driver (v22.214.171.124) enhances system stability in both the active state and the sleep/wake transition state.
* P.S. This is the first update for the original Surface RT since January 2014.
Surface 2 4G LTE
- Modem Firmware Update (v5.706.306.1) enhances the performance and reliability of AT&T 4G LTE network on Surface 2 4G LTE.
- Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware (v2.84.0350) improves battery management when a Surface Cover is attached.
- Surface Pro UEFI (v1.6.350) provides support for PXE boot with the new Surface Ethernet Adapter.
- Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 (v10.18.10.3496) improves Miracast wireless display experience and enhances display stability.
- Intel(R) Display Audio (v6.16.00.3135) enhances compatibility and improves the display experience for DisplayPort monitors.
- Surface Accessory Device (v1.0.338.0) improves the experience when using Surface accessories.
- Surface Power Cover Firmware update (v1.0.339.0) improves the experience when using Surface Power Cover.
Surface Pro 2
- Wireless Network Controller (v 14.69.24054.176) enables functionality on wireless networks utilizing hidden SSIDs.
Surface Pro 3*
- Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware (v.126.96.36.199) reducing power consumption, and enhancing system stability.
- Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware (v. 188.8.131.52) enhancing battery life, and increasing efficiency and reliability in low power states.
- Surface Type Cover Firmware Update (v. 2.0.1021.0) improving trackpad reliability and system stability.
- Surface Accessory Device (v. 2.0.1012.0) helping the on-screen keyboard (OSK) appear and disappear at the correct times.
- Wireless Network Controller and Bluetooth (v. 15.68.3042.79) enhancing system stability, reducing power consumption in low power states, and improving some WiFi connection scenarios.
* Microsoft plans to provide an update to fix the reported Wi-Fi connections problems for the Surface Pro 3 on Wednesday, July 16.