Quantum Acquires SANlight


Hoping to enhance its data-protection storage solutions, Quantum has announced it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire SANlight, a small, privately held software company. Although few details are available about SANlight's products and technologies, Quantum mentioned in its announcement that SANlight's technologies will help Quantum augment its products so that solutions that incorporate Quantum's technologies and those of its software partners can receive enhanced data protection.

Quantum already owns a 7 percent stake in SANlight; under the acquisition agreement, Quantum will purchase the remaining 93 percent for $8.5 million. Quantum will treat most of the acquisition cost as in-process research and development. Quantum plans to integrate SANlight's assets, technology, and intellectual property into Quantum's storage solution business. The acquisition is expected to close this month.
http://www.quantum.com
http://www.sanlight.com

TAGS: Windows 8
Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish