Much has been said already about Microsoft's Enterprise Mobility Suite (EMS). We've covered it a lot here on WindowsITPro and is a key solution for bringing mobile devices under control. Heck, I could probably go back over the past year and find at least one article on EMS for every month.
EMS, of course, is a suite of products and services that allow organizations to manage devices that connect to the corporate network and its important to Microsoft. Released in March 2014, it includes:
- Identity and access management delivered by Azure Active Directory Premium
- Mobile Device Management and Mobile Application Management delivered by Windows Intune
- Data protection delivered by Azure AD Rights Management Services
A new, deep-dive technical book is now being offered for pre-order. Titled Enterprise Mobility Suite - Managing BYOD and Company-Owned Devices, the book is co-written by a friend of mine, and long-time Microsoft citizen, Jeff Gilbert. Jeff's been toiling over this book for several months, so I know how hard he worked to deliver what he hopes is a valuable masterpiece.
The book will weigh in at about 225 pages and cover the following optics:
- Planning to enable your mobile workforce with the Enterprise Mobility Suite
- Understanding and implementing Hybrid Identity Management for BYOD users of datacenter and cloud resources
- Unifying management of all BYOD and company-owned devices, regardless of platform
- Implementing secure data access that protects both corporate and personal information
- Centrally monitoring and troubleshooting BYOD and company-owned devices
You can pre-order now from Amazon for about $20, and the book will ship in early April. You can find it here:
P.S. Buy the book and bring it with you to IT/Dev Connections this year, where you can get it signed by both Jeff and Brad Anderson (who wrote the book's foreward).