Microsoft offers a wide variety of software and services through their TechNet Evaluation Center so that you can try them out before making a purchasing decision.
The center is setup so it can be personalized and help you keep track of the software and services you try out plus there is plenty of connections to Microsoft's technical blogs so that you can learn more about those programs and services aws you work with them.
Under the learn tab you have full access to lessons from the Microsoft Virtual Academy to go even deeper into each area.
The number of programs you have access to is extensive and broken down by their main areas:
- Windows 10 Enterprise
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise
- Windows server 2016 Technical Preview
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2016 Technical Preview
- Windows Server 2016 Essentials Technical Preview
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Project Professional
- Visio Professional 2016
- Office Professional Plus 2013
- Office 365 ProPlus
- Project Server 2016
- SharePoint Server 2016
- Skype for Business Server 2015
- Exchange Server 2013
- System Center Configuration Manager and Endpoint Protection
- System Center 2016 Technical Preview
- System Center Configuration Manager and Endpoint Protection Technical Preview
- System Center 2012 R2
- SQL Server 2016
- SQL Server 2014 SP2
- Microsoft Azure
- Windows Sever 2012 R2 on Azure
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials on Azure
- SQL Server 2014 on Azure
Identity and Access Management
- Microsoft Identity Manager 2016
- Microsoft Intune
Advanced Threat Analytics
- Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics
Web Lab Kit
- Web Application Compatibility Lab Kit
Microsoft Integration Services
- BizTalk Server 2016 Community Technology Preview
- Host Integration Server 2016 Community Technology Preview
Access the TechNet Evaluation Center to get started.
Looking for an awesome, no-nonsense technical conference for IT Pros, Devs, and Devops? Check out IT/Dev Connections!